What is Solar energy?
What is Solar Energy, The radiation from the sun is expressed with solar energy, which is radiation capable of producing heat, causing chemical reactions, and generating electricity, and it is indicated that the total amount of solar energy falling on the earth exceeds the amount of energy that the earth currently requires And in the future, as it will meet all energy needs in the future if it is properly utilized, and solar energy is one of the most important sources of renewable energy that is not finished and does not pollute the environment unlike fossil fuel sources; Like coal, oil, and natural gas. 
Uses of solar energy
Solar energy is used in many fields, including the following: 
Swimming pool heating: This energy is used to heat the swimming pools when it is cold, and the solar water heating system is used by placing heating panels on the roof of the house, which collect the sun’s heat, then heat the water and pump it into the pool.
Charging batteries: Solar energy can be used to charge versatile batteries, through the solar photovoltaic system.
Outdoor lighting: Solar energy is used for outdoor lighting instead of using electrical wires, and this is done by solar panels that charge the batteries during the day to be sufficient to operate the lighting at night.
Cooking: Solar energy can be used to cook food, using the solar cooker, which is a box containing a frying pan surrounded by aluminum foil; This is to focus the sun’s rays on the food.
Solar energy information
There is a lot of information that can be known about solar energy, including the following: 
- Considering it a form of clean energy that does not produce any pollutants, and does not emit any emissions.
- It is measured in watts and its multiples, such as kilowatts, megawatts, gigawatts, terawatts, and others.
- It takes about eight minutes for the solar rays to reach the Earth, before they touch the solar panels.
- Considering solar energy as a means of effecting positive change on the planet, as it prevents the emission of 7,727 kilograms of carbon dioxide annually.
- The contribution of solar energy to increasing the price of real estate, as it is used in homes as a way to reduce expenses.
Disadvantages of solar energy
Solar energy has a number of drawbacks, and among the main disadvantages are the following: 
- The high cost of its production and storage.
- It is considered an intermittent source of energy, as the arrival of solar energy is limited to daylight only.
- Some solar panels need expensive materials that are rare in nature.